Work with Armor Systems Integrated Product Development Team to support Manufacturing efforts and create innovative & safe solutions to meet external and internal customer requirements for Protech Armor Systems customers.
• Develop Manufacturing methods and design manufacting support fixtures for all Armor Systems product lines as required.
• Provide manufacturing NC programs as required.
• Supply technical drawings and 3D models of specialized parts, tooling, and assembly.
• Produce technical drawings, assembly drawings, shop drawings, & bill of materials.
• Design new products and accessories for the Armor Systems product line.
• Design product and fixtures to meet cost, quality, safety and schedule requirements; provide technical support and trouble shooting for both in house and customer related issues.
• Develop innovative solutions to meet customer and marketing requirements.
• Works with Engineers and outside vendors to fabricate prototypes of products in development. Mechanical skills using hand tools & some production machinery.
• Create and maintain work instructions for support of manufacturing processes.
• Solve problems with and provide technical advice to the production and quality control departments.
• Compile all existing engineering documentation and organize it into the approved design documentation format.
• Maintain multiple CAD and documentation databases.
• Participate in determining “best in class” for manufacturing capabilities with an emphasis on rapid prototyping, design for six sigma, lean manufacturing, and innovation.
• Work with other functional areas such as marketing to create product literature, artwork, and product guides.
• Other duties as required.
The Safariland Group believes in the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to equal opportunity and affirmative actions. We pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people, without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law.
For those applicants with disabilities, if you require reasonable accommodation in searching for a job opening or submitting an application, please contact us by calling 888-469-6455.
All employment decisions are solely based on the applicant's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position.